Review on Mystery Man

WARNING: This post and the links from it contain adult content. If you are under 18 years of age or if such content offends you, please EXIT now.
I was on Twitter, and I saw Kaylea Cross and Mandi Schreiner talking about this awesome series and I, naturally, asked them what series they were talking about. The told me they were talking about the last book of the series Dream Man, which was Motorcycle Man. I like reading series in the order they're written—from first to last—so I purchased Mystery Man and started reading it.
Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
 
The blurb:
While drinking cosmopolitans in a fabulous little black dress, Gwendolyn Kidd meets the man of her dreams. Then she takes him home. Then she wakes up alone. But her fear that she lost her dream man turns into a relationship with a mystery man when, night after night in the dead of night, he comes back for more. Hoping it will blossom into something real, she lets him.
But she doesn't even know his name.
Gwen's struggling with the decision to end their crazy non-relationship when her sister-from-hell, Ginger's best friend pays a visit and warns Gwen that if she and her sister don't get smart, they'll both get d-e-a-d, dead. Gwen has no clue what's going on but she's used to Ginger's antics and decides to lay the problem on her sister's biker boyfriend's doorstep. Bad choice. She catches the eye of the biker hottie president of the Chaos Motorcycle Club, not long after she gets the attention of a Denver police detective who surely is on the cover of the DPD's Hot Guy calendar and lastly she hits the Denver Underground radar with a big, loud ping.
This means Gwen's Mystery Man, Cabe "Hawk" Delgado has to step in to keep her safe. But when Hawk gets a dose of Gwen in the daylight, he makes the decision that he finally wants real with Gwen. However when Gwen gets a dose of badass, bossy, straight-talker Hawk in the daylight, she decides she's done.
Thus begins the head-to-head of the Commando vs. Cosmo Girl as Hawk woos Gwen in his own unique way, Gwen survives firebombs, drive-bys, kidnappings, hot pursuits by biker hotties and gorgeous police detectives and discovers the heartbreaking reason why Hawk kept her at arm's length.
And as all this happens, Gwen finds that her sister's troubles are serious trouble and she must decide who to keep alive: her sister-from-hell or the man of her dreams.
This book is part of the four-book series, Dream Man, but can be read as a stand-alone book.
Age: 18 years and up due to a lot of swear words and sexual scenes.
Review: 4.5 stars
To sum up this book, I use one word: HOT. To make sure I would like this book, I went to Ashley's website and downloaded the first five chapters of Mystery Man, and boy did they have me hooked. That very night I got the book and set to reading it until three in the morning. I wasn't done, but I had to sleep. As soon as I woke up that morning I set to reading more of it—I was that hooked. I loved that fact that Hawk was an alpha man. Some of the things he did, such as have her on surveillance 24/7, freaked me out a bit, but since he's an alpha man I let it slide. Normally the amount of swear words would turn me off, but somehow Ashley made it work!
The reason this book didn't get five stars was because it irked me that Gwen was one of those girls all men fall over. Every man that wasn't related to Gwen loved her. Or was interested in her. Or both. And this was annoying. I'm sorry, but I've never seen a woman like that. But this was a small annoyance to this amazing book. I cried and laughed and got mad at the same time Gwen did, and I loved this. This book is for the people who love to read romance, adventure, (a little) mystery, and happily-ever-afters.
---
EDIT (9/22/12): I just finished reading the four books in the series (I started Wednesday) and I must say, I became a huge fan of the author! The third book I had my doubts about, but the last quarter of the book made up for it. I absolutely loved the series, and I hope you do too! 

Yours,

Labels: , , , ,