Review on The Night Circus

Before I start on the review, I'm going to let you all know my plans for this blog. I'm going to post a review every day for this week (until September 16) and then I'll start posting every Friday.
Now, back to the book. I got this book about a year ago on iBooks. Originally it was an Extended Sample that I got from Starbucks and I accidentally clicked it twice and I bought the book without me knowing. Until, of course, I noticed that I had two copies on iBooks and my dad started asking me why there was a charge on his credit card (oops!). But boy, am I glad I got this book.
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
 
The blurb:

The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazements. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.

Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart.

Age: There is a really mild sex scene, so I say it's for teens 14 and up (but I classify it as YA)
Review: 5 stars
This book. Oh my God, this book. I LOVED this book. This is the type of book that you either love or hate. The reason being that it gets confusing because of the time jumps in the book. You never really know what's happening until you reach the end. This book is definitely a type of book I recommend a person reads twice to understand it fully. But oh my goodness, it is AMAZING. The electricity between Celia and Marco is incredible, and I absolutely love the idea of a magical circus only appearing at night. The idea is so original, and Morgenstern really knew how to squeeze all the potential into this book. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves magic, fantasy, adventure (peril!), and romance (but don't expect romance right away).
P.S. You don't know how hard it is to gush over this book without giving anything away!

Yours,

Labels: , , , , ,