FFT: Les Misérables


Well, I haven't done a FFT in a while, have I?

As you can see, I'm here to talk about Les Misérables, the movie. Les Misérables is rated PG-13.

The poster shows a young girl in the background of a dark night. Text above reveals the cast listing and text below reveals the film's title.

Let me quickly say that I've never read the book (though I've wanted to!), so my comments on Les Misérables are purely based on the movie.

Now, I've gone to see the movie twice. The first time was with my mom and I mistakenly did not bring any tissues, so I had to borrow my mom's tissue pack and go through it while trying to hide my bawling from the other people. The second time was with two of my best friends, one who had seen the movie before and the other who had not. This time I brought a tissue box with me, but I cried less than the first time now that I knew what to expect.

How to start? Let me say this: I LOVED IT. If I reviewed movies, I would give this movie 5 stars. Maybe more. It was that good.

When the movie started, I immediately thought: "This is how a movie should start."

The music, in my opinion, was the best part of the whole movie. It gave it more feeling, more emotion than if the movie had just been talked throughout. I'm still singing the songs, and it's been a while since I watched it.

Every time I thought it was safe to put down the tissue, another heart-wrenching scene came on and the waterworks started again.

When people told me I was going to cry during this movie, I thought that I would only be crying near the end. Nope. Within the first hour, I had already burst into tears more than a few times. Just ask my mom. Or my friends.

Let me show you a screencap of my tweets after the movie ended the first time I watched it. Remember that the order is from newest to oldest, so the tweet at the bottom is the first one.


That kinda sums up how I felt. I wasn't coherent; words do not describe the extent of what I felt.

You have to beware that this movie isn't for the faint of heart. There is death and gore and blood. There is injustice. There are things not suitable for children.

Hello? The title is called The Miserable Ones. How more obvious can you get?

Since I am a romance and fantasy type of gal, I wasn't sure I was going to enjoy it, let alone like it. But I did. So much. It touched my heart.

Watch it. That's all I can really say. Go watch it.

For you: Have you watched Les Misérables? If yes, what did you think of it? If not, why not?

Also, if you have watched it, I recommend you watch this Les Misérables medley. It's truly amazing.


Yours,

Labels: ,