Review on Fire Inside

WARNING: This post and the links from it contain adult content. If you are under 18 years of age or if such content offends you, please EXIT now.
First, congratulations to Kristen Ashley for this book being released yesterday!! Woo!

Many of you know by now that I love Kristen Ashley. Anything she writes, I will read. So when I saw this book on NetGalley, I jumped at the chance to get it. It is recommended you read the Dream Man series before you start this series, and Own The Wind, the first book in this series before this one, but it's not necessary.
Fire Inside by Kristen Ashley
Lanie Heron isn’t looking for love—no surprise, considering her last serious relationship nearly got her killed. So when Lanie propositions Hop Kincaid, all she wants is one wild night with the hot-as-hell biker who patrols with the Chaos Motorcycle Club...

For Hop, Lanie has always been untouchable. She’s too polished and too classy for his tastes. But when she gives Hop the once-over with her bedroom eyes and offers him a night in paradise, he can’t say no. And he doesn’t regret it when he finds that Lanie is the best thing that’s ever happened to him—in or out of bed. Now the trick will be to convince her of that.
Series: Chaos, #2
Age: 18 years and up
Review: 4 butterflies
Ok, um, wow. Back during Tack and Tyra’s story, Motorcycle Man, I did not like Hop. Thing he did there… didn’t sit well with me. I was extremely curious to see how Kristen Ashley was going to redeem him, but I shouldn’t have doubted. If there’s anyone who could explain why he did what he did, it’s Kristen Ashley. And Hop, of course. Sexy, sexy Hop.

But I’m getting ahead of myself.

Hop and Lanie are perfect for each other. Perfect. Hop is typical KA-style: alpha man. But he is also extremely sweet and extremely patient. Trust me. I know I could not have been that patient.

Lanie has a troubled past that has messed her up big time. Naturally, Lanie has closed herself off and has decided that being alone is better than bein heartbroken.

That is, until Hop. After what was originally going to be a one-night-thing-only, Hop’s not letting Lanie go. In usual KA-fashion, he goes after what he wants. And he gets it. Boy, does he.

I loved watching both of them work through their monsters, (Lanie’s not the only one with a troubled past) and seeing the amazing way that they fit together perfectly. After various chapters, it was glaringly obvious that Hop and Lanie were made for each other and were what was going to get them through those monsters.

There was a little something that annoyed me, and that is that Lanie is drop-dead gorgeous. Many of KA’s heroines are like this, but every once in a while it strikes a chord. Hop sees Lanie and since she’s hot, she’s got his attention (I realize that’s not all of it, but still). It’s annoying that the beauty on the outside is what gets him at first, since she’s obviously gorgeous (albeit messed up) on the inside too. I realize that’s how it works in real life too, though. And Lanie is such a sweetheart that it was something that was really easy to ignore.

But back to Hop. Some things he did in Tyra’s story didn’t sit well with me, but the reasons behind why he did what he did are revealed in this book, and he’s completely forgiven. My heart breaks for the things that have happened in both Hop and Lanie’s pasts and I’m more than thrilled that they both got their happy ending.

This whole story was about Hop and Lanie. Since this is happening at the same time as the events in Own The Wind, there weren’t many surprises there.

As always, I loved the writing style. It hooks me in and does not let me go.

I cannot wait for the next book in the Chaos series, though I don’t know when it’s coming out yet (gahhhh).
Book Links: Goodreads * Amazon * B&N

Read my review of Own The Wind here.

Yours,




A free copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.

Labels: , , , , , ,