Review on Bad Vibrations

WARNING: This post and the links from it contain adult content. If you are under 18 years of age or if such content offends you, please EXIT now.
Okay, where to begin? I saw that this book was free on Amazon, and I had previously received a request for a book tour of this trilogy, so before I accepted, I wanted to see what it was all about. And, lo and behold, this book was good! (So yes, this means there will be a review tour of the rest of the trilogy later on!)
Bad Vibrations by Christine Pope
When a troubled client visits psychic Persephone O'Brien, the last thing she thinks is that she's about to be drawn into a far-reaching conspiracy that will change her life forever. Accompanied by a distractingly attractive ufologist-and with a little help from an unlikely group of UFO enthusiasts-she races to stop the alien plot before it's too late. Moving from the bright lights of Los Angeles to the red rocks of Sedona, Bad Vibrations takes the reader on a wild ride that never lets up until its unforgettable climax.
Series: The Sedona Trilogy, #1
Age: 18 years and up
Review: 3.5 butterflies
Persephone O’Brien is a psychic with a spirit guide who is more absent than not. When a client shows up and tells her that his girlfriend is possessed by aliens, she is (understandably) skeptical. But when Otto, the elusive spirit guide, tells her to be at a specific place without giving her any details, she lands herself face-first in a big alien conspiracy.

Though this is first and foremost a paranormal fantasy with action and suspense, it is also a romance, which just made it for me. Persephone is tuned into the universe, so I got that she fell for Paul—incredibly fast—because she felt it was right. One thing that made me skeptical was that Paul fell for her really fast too. They’ve known each other for days and they’re already acting as if they’ve been together for years. I was a little iffy about that.

But putting that aside, the intrigue and the alien/government conspiracy in this book kept me flipping the pages and wondering how Persephone and Paul were going to get out of this mess. I honestly did not know how they were going to get out of the intricate web they were trapped in and save the world, but when it got to it, it was a bit…too easily resolved. It was still amazing to read and kept me flipping the pages (or rather, hitting the right side of my Kindle) to find out what they were going to do next.

Especially with that twist at the end I didn’t see coming. But that, too, was easily resolved (thanks, Otto) and all is happy and well with the world. For now.

What knocked this book down from a four star rating to a three point five was the fact that the big, huge problem was resolved a little bit too easily for my liking, and same for the plot twist that Otto ended up solving. I would have liked a bit more conflict, but it was still a very good book. I can’t wait to read the next books in this trilogy, and I’m looking forward to see what else Christine Pope has in store for me!
Book links: Goodreads * Amazon * B&N * Kobo * iTunes
This book is perma-free on Amazon, Kobo, and iTunes.

Yours,

Labels: , , , , , , ,